Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Neighborhood Christmas Party

Another huge Christmas blessing. We were able to have a neighborhood Christmas party. It was more like a neighborhood Christmas service. We had over 100 people in our living room. About 85 kids and teenagers and about 20 adults. We even had a baby come that was only 15 days old with her parents. It was phenomenal. Anyway, we made nativity scenes at the beginning while we were waiting for the late comers. Then we did a candle and carols service. I grew up doing that at Southmont and I absolutely love it! Of course the carols were in Spanish. This type of service you use candles to explain the Christmas story. It is beautiful! I am not sure how much this type of service translated in this culture. I am not sure they actually understood what was going on. At least though, after we still got to share the gospel. Then as they left, we gave each person a sucker, Christmas cake, and hot chocolate. It was such a special time as a neighborhood. The really cool part was several peruvians are the ones that helped me make it happen! My neighbors came over about 2 hours before it started and helped me clean my house and cut all the Christmas cake. It is so cool watching God use Peruvians to help share His gospel!


Candles for Carols and Candles service
Christmas Cake!
My sweet neighbors helping me get ready!
People starting to arrive! Making nativity scenes

Silent night, over 100 people with candles in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment