Monday, January 9, 2012

A day of going to church in a church building


As most of you know, our mission here is to do house churches that grow all across Peru.  Sometimes we run into people that don’t agree with this method which is fine since God has called us each to different type of ministries. Yesterday was the first Sunday in months that I didn’t have a Sunday morning Bible study to teach, so I thought I would try out a local church that was about 40 minutes from my house. Once again I was very disappointed because there was so much false teaching. Hardly any churches around the area seem to preach the truth. In one sense, I was very discouraged because so many people believe so many false teachings, and in the other sense I was encouraged to keep teaching the truth through the way of House Churches. Then, I took our discipleship group to a church service last night that was about 2 hours away. It is a church that I love and that sometimes I go to for some encouragement. I hadn’t been in about 7 months because we always have Bible study at the exact same time, but I thought it would be good for our believers to have a time of corporate church worship service. It was an INCREDIBLE time of worship. God’s Spirit was definitely there. The message was also very good. One part of the message, the pastor was talking about how house churches are not a good idea etc. I was thinking to myself is God trying to tell me something, and then I had to return back to my calling. God has called each of us to different things, and I KNOW he has called me to take the gospel to the lost in Peru and at least for now by using the method of house churches to meet people where they live and work and not expect them to come to me. Last night, was an encouraging time for me, after the church service we went out to eat and talked about the service and how amazing it was and also our team’s calling of doing house churches. Last night, I felt like we broke a lot of ground explaining to our Peruvian leaders what our mission is and they seem like they are more committed than ever to continue with this mission. I feel like they understood that we do have “church”, it is just in houses. That the church the Bible talks about is the universal church of Believers. It was so encouraging to me. Then on the way home in the bus, I met 4 Christians, which is so rare! 2 of them were pastors, so maybe in the future we can partner with them. Yesterday, was a day of blessings and reminders that we are on the right track because we are following our calling, yet at the same time Satan will use whatever he can to distract us from what we are truly supposed to do. So grateful for what God is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment