Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas!!!

Making Christmas sugar cookies
Christmas dinner
I made my first wreath!
Chicken foot at like 3 am. Some people were very tired.
Christmas day in the park with Nicchola's family
Teaching the kids about the story of Christmas and making Nativity scenes with them. 
Got the opportunity to talk with these ladies about Jesus. 
I had a blast this Christmas. It was my first Christmas to live in my own place and get to start my own Christmas traditions. Nancy was so kind and surprised me and bought a Christmas tree and stockings. We also bought a nativity set and a wreath. Our house was very simply decorated but at least this year we were able to put up some Christmas decorations. We are so blessed. We also made Christmas cookies together which was super fun! Peruvians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve not really on Christmas day. A couple of Peruvians came over Christmas night for a steak and bake potatoe dinner. We played games like sequence and phase 10. It was so fun! At 12:00 midnight we went on the roof to watch fireworks go off all over the place. It was BEAUTIFUL!  We even did some of our fireworks. I was a little scared to be honest. Then we played some more games and more Peruvians came over. There was about 10 of us in all. Then I brought out mattresses into the living room, the boys were in one part of the room and the girls in the other part. We all watched a movie and all fell asleep about 4 in the morning in the living room. The next morning everyone got up around 9 and went to their houses. It was so fun. Nicchola, our peruvian dad, invited me to go spend Christmas day with all of his brothers and sisters and neices and nephews in a park. It was so fun, we ate great food, and I got to play with all of his neices and nephews. More than that, I got to teach the kids the story of Christmas and got an opportunity to talk to some of his family about the gospel. No one besides one of his sisters in his family are Christians so it was a really great opportunity. It was neat to put names with faces in his family. On the way back to Ventanilla, we stopped and ate Christmas dinner at Chilis! It was a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment