Thursday, February 21, 2013

Victor and Elizabeth become Christians!!!

The Sunday following the team of people coming in November was an incredible day. It was such a busy day, we had all the typical Sunday things, plus a birthday party we were throwing for a person in our discipleship group, and then a girl from the jungle came to surprise visit me all at the same time that people came to talk to me about giving their lives to Christ. Elizabeth had come to talk to me during the week the group was here and said she was just searching for the truth about Jesus. She had seen us having Bible studies in the neighborhood for a long time but had never come, but now she really was desperate. I invited her to the different events during the week, and she came!! On Sunday, she said she was ready to accept Christ. Victor, Nicchola's brother heard her, and said I want to do the same thing. Elizabeth needed to go home and take dinner to her kids, so I spent a long while talking with Victor. Then he gave his life to the Lord. Then Elizabeth came, and I spent a while talking with her, and then she gave her life to the Lord. It was a miraculous night. People do not become Christians here very often because they are so steeped in the Catholic tradition and they have been taught a ton of lies and have not been taught about the Truth about Jesus. So for two adults to come to know Christ the same day was amazing. I missed the birthday party and didn't get to talk to my friend that came to visit me from the jungle, but it was ALL worth it. Both Victor and Elizabeth are doing great. They are growing in their faith and are passionate about their relationship with Jesus!


Elizabeth
Elizabeth, Victor, Nicchola 

1 comment: