Saturday, February 16, 2013

Christmas baskets, decorations, and gifts




Christmas this year, was such a blessing, we were able to help so many people physically and spiritually. I know I was more blessed than the people that we "helped" just getting to be part of their lives and their journey. We were able to share the good news with so many! I will write about that in a later blog post. Enjoy the pics!


We brought baskets to the four adult families that come to our Bible study every week  in Huaral.
The kids were thrilled for what was inside the baskets. 
Each basket had noodles, rice, sugar, matches, jelly, tea,  detergent, toothpaste, milk, paneton (christmas cake), hot chocolate mix, toilet paper, etc. 
All the kids peaking, trying to see what was in the baskets. 
We made 14 baskets this past Christmas, for 14 extremely poor families. 
I will never forget Luis exclaiming  look matches!! They were so excited about the small things because literally they do not have the most basic things that you  and I would take for granted. 

We also gave yarn, to each of the four moms in Huaral. They are always knitting, so we wanted to give them the material to be able to make something. 





Our sweetest, 82 year old neighbor who literally lives in a shack. She was so delighted to get a Christmas tree with lights. I don't think she has ever had even one Christmas decoration. She also received a basket!
I love my job, getting to bless people with the good news of Jesus and with the resources that Jesus provides through people like you. 

This family, is extremely poor and have a mentally challenged son who has epilepsy  it was such a joy to get to bring them a tree, a basket, and presents for every member of the family to open on Christmas. 

Fernando's family. His mom started crying as she opened the basket. You never really know how hard people have it until you see them getting so excited about a bag of sugar. 



Norma

Dora and family. She recently lost her husband Aquilino to leukemia. 
Marta
The type of clothes I gave to the kids in 5 of the families. In three of those families we also gave clothes to the adults in the family


Huge family!!!

My sweet neighbors
More sweet neighbors
More neighbors
Just wanted to show you what I meant earlier about the shack our neighbor lives in

Bringing a little Christmas cheer.

The coolest miracle about all of this, is I just knew these were the things that we were supposed to do for people this year, yet I did not know where we were going to get the money. I spent my own personal money out of savings and used some other funds I had in petty cash that I had to pay back. I was talking to the administrator about how much money I left in the account and it was almost exactly the amount that the Christmas stuff cost. I was in tears with God's provision. I knew that much money was not in the account before. God literally multiplied the money in the bank account. He is so good, and He always provides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment