Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fun times with other Gringas!

Three weeks ago on my day off, I got to meet up with an IMB missionary, Mindy McCord. I had wanted to meet up with her for about 2 years. Actually when I first went to Peru someone had given me her name, and I finally got to meet her just this past month. It was such a blessing. She is such a sweet person. We went to Chili’s together which was an extra bonus. Then I got to go hang out and play some games with my good friend Amanda Wissmann in Chorillos! There is no one that likes playing games more than Amanda and I!! We get so competitive. The next week I went into town again on my day off, but this time very early in the morning. I got into Lima at 7:30 am and nothing was open, except Wongs!! This happens to be an international grocery store. It was such a blessing because Dr. Pepper was on Sale! I also got some chocolate, cheddar cheese, and taco shells. I then went to a new Starbucks to wait on Amanda! We played games for about an hour and half in Starbucks while we drank Dr. Pepper and cheddar cheese. It looked like we were having a picnic in Starbucks! Of course, we had a Starbucks drink as well! Then we headed to KFC for lunch and to a movie. It was such a great American day – I was in need of a little bit of American culture. Every time I see Amanda, I am encouraged. I am so thankful for her sweet friendship.
That's right we are in Starbucks with our own canned drinks and block of cheddar cheese!
We love playing games!
Then this past Friday, Nicchola and I were delivering food to Aquilino, and I see 4 white women walking near the orphanage. I stopped and asked if they were walking to the orphanage. Come to find out they are 4 IMB missionaries. It was such a blessing. I actually took them to my house so they could stop by and visit on another Friday. They are going to be working in the orphanage every Friday! It was such a God-send that I ran into them. 3 out of the 4 of them will be leaving by May, but one will be here until December. They were so sweet! They got my number and are going to email me with contacts of other IMB missionaries in Lima. God is so good and sovereign. One of my main personal desires of my heart has been to meet other missionaries specifically ones from the IMB. God literally placed them directly in my path. All glory to His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment