Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Peruvian Baptisms!

One of the best days that I have ever had in Peru was 3 Sundays ago, when I had the privilege of baptizing my first set of Peruvians. I baptized John, Nicchola, and Sarah. It was a beautiful day. All of them had at least one family member present, and 3 families of neighbors came to watch as well. It was so amazing because each one shared their testimony and the gospel to their non-believing family members and neighbors. They explained that only through Jesus can you be saved and that baptism is just a symbol showing what Jesus has done for them and to show others that they are followers of Him. I spoke at the beginning explaining the significance and meaning of baptism. It was such a joyous time for me to get to baptize my 3 main leaders. After that we had a small reception in my house. Unfortunately, I cannot post many pics on my blog for confidentiality reasons for John and Sarah. I will post pics of Nicchola getting baptized. It was a great day. We are hoping to baptize about 13 more this month that are new believers as well!
Some of the neighbors that were watching!
Nicchola sharing his testimony
Getting ready to be baptized
Getting baptized
Nicchola and his family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment