Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New missionary friends - such a blessing!


I have had the privilege of having some really great times lately with some new missionary friends in Peru. I have been so blessed to meet and hang out with Bryan and Delana Davis. They are missionaries that work in the jungle of Peru, but are here in Lima for 3 months because they are going to have a baby in May. They are such a neat couple. I love how down to earth they are. I love how they are so flexible and how they are always joking. It is always so much fun to hang out with them. The first time we hung, I went to meet them at their apartment and then we had lunch and ice cream together. The second time we hung out, I took them on a tour of some of my favorite spots in Lima since they have been working in the jungle since they got here. They are such a blessing to my life, and I am so glad that God used mutual friends that we had to connect us together.



I was also very blessed to finally get to meet up again with Mark Clancy and his new wife Kami Clancy. She is so sweet. It was such a blessing to get to hear how they met, their engagement, and their marriage story. It was so neat to talk with them just about life here in Peru and being a missionary. They were a huge encouragement to me as always.

I also have been super blessed to get connected with IMB missionaries here in Peru. One day Nicchola and I were on our way back from delivering food to someone and we saw 4 white women walking towards the orphanage. I thought, I wonder who those people are and I wonder if they are volunteering in the orphanage. I wasn’t sure if they were Americans, but I was curious to find out who they were. When I stopped to talk to them, I found out that they were with the IMB. They serve at the baby house in the orphanage every Friday.  It was such a huge blessing to get to meet them. Since then, they helped with the huge Easter event we did at the orphanage, which would not have been possible without their help. Tammy Llorens, one of the ladies who is just precious, invited me to her house for a hangout time with all the IMB missionaries, and then after I got to hang out Amanda and Christie (semester missionaries) who are my age. It was so fun to get to talk to single Christian girl missionaries from America about life, missions, and funny stories. I am so excited for this new connection in Peru. I have a great respect for the IMB, and I am so excited to make some more friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment