Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DBU in Peru


I had the privilege of meeting with Grey Hoff from Dallas Baptist University last week to help recruit for potential prospective DBU students. I worked in the DBU admissions office for 2 ½ years, so it brought back tons of great memories. I love recruiting for DBU because God used DBU to really change my life. I love the amazing Christian values of DBU and the motto of the school to make servant leaders to go into the entire world.  The reason I am in Peru right now started out with DBU taking people on a mission trip here. It was so refreshing to get to hang out with someone from my alum university. DBU is such a Christian family environment so it is super easy to connect with people from there even if you did not know them well before. I was so blessed to get to hang out with Grey. He was such an encouragement and lot of fun to be around. It was really neat to get to recruit for DBU in Spanish. I was able to talk with a ton of potential prospects. The coolest prospect encounter of the night was a lady that came after the “official time” was over. I was tired, and to be honest I was ready to leave. She started asking questions about religion. She told me she had been looking for Jesus. I was able to explain the gospel with her. It was definitely a God thing. After the fair, Grey, two translators, and I went out to eat for Grey to try some typical Peruvian food. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity to partner with DBU in this way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment