Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A fresh perspective

Today's blog is actually about today! Imagine that, a miracle. Anyway, during today and yesterday God has just given me a fresh perspective on my life in Peru. It has been like I have been able to see Peru in a new way, just the little things like getting to ride on a combi (a very ghetto bus), or going to the market and buy the biggest avacadoe ever, buying wanton soup at the local chifa (chinese) restaurant, or grocery shopping at the corner store. It has just been awesome seeing God renew my perspective of how much I LOVE life here. I love that it is different from the United States. I have been down about life in general lately, but I had a very tragic reminder yesterday when someone that I went to school with was in a tragic accident. Please pray for her. Her name is Lauren Scruggs. You can keep up with her through this website: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenscruggs/mystory. It just made me see that I have life so good, and I should never complain about anything. I don't have ANYTHING to complain about. God has blessed my life abundantly, and I am so blessed to get to live in Peru. I love life here, the people are beautiful, the culture is so unique and fun to get to be a part of, and I look forward to see what God is going to do. I hope and pray that one day every person in Peru will know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Please pray for an awakening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment