Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Raechel Kirby... my sista from anotha mista!

Picking up Kirbster from the airport
Yes, that's right Chick-fil-a nuggets! My parents sent them with her!
A surprise for Nancy!
She brought us all matching pajama pants! Love them!
Starbucks on day off!
Pluck that chicken house shoes!
Getting ready to watch 24!


Since we live in Peru, orange bread has to replace orange rolls!

Aji de Gallina
Hanging out with some new friends that we found while playing soccer
On the bus for the 24 hour adventure for the 24 year old.
The book that had what was going to happen next.

Churros at Manolas.
Rachel and I being our normal crazy selves. 
A little shopping in the market. Nancy with her Kari Jobe hat!
Chilis for birthday dinner!
The kids loved Rachel.
Doing our missionary rap gangsta style.....right after this we saw the rat run by. 
So, I am going back about 3 months to get caught up on a very special visit that we had from "my soul sister." A little background update on Raechel Kirby, I actually didn't even know her until I moved to Peru. I think I had met her once or twice at Southmont but that was it. She was actually supossed to go with me to Peru when I first went for six weeks but then it didn't work out. Anyway, when she came to Peru last in May of 2009, she had told me that the Lord had really impressed on her heart to pray for me and that she prayed for me all the time. I was blown away by that because I didn't even know her. Little did I know that she would end up being a summer missionary for Mission Denton that summer, an organization that my mom started, and then would end up living at my house for a few months. Anyway, throuh her first visit to Peru, her living at my house (even though I was not there), and my visit home during furlough we began to get really close. It is crazy because we are SO much alike. We always joke that we were really twins and got separated at birth. We like so many of the same things and we are both missionaries. She now works full time for Mission Denton. Anyways, she came at the perfect time. God knew exactly what I needed. I definitely needed some encouragement when she came. We had a blast together. She came in our day off, so we got to go hang out at one of the malls in one of the bigger city then had a movie night together. My mom had sent a season of 24 with her, i have to admit, we watched almost the whole season in the 11 days she was here, but I got her addicted which I am not sure is a good thing. 24 is my favorite show ever! Anyways, then she just got to go to our regular Bible studies with us and live out everyday life with us. She played street soccer with the kids in our neighborhood and they LOVED it. She is a soccer champion. She also played with a group of guys that always play soccer and she pretty much did AMAZING. She made tons of goals. Everyone was saying in spanish, wow the gringa can play. It is not normal for gringas to play soccer so well haha. Case and point proven when Nancy and I try to play soccer. She just was a huge encouragement to us and everyone she met. Everyone of the Peruvians that met her loved her. We also had the cool opportunity to celebrate her birthday one month early. We took her on a 24 hour adventure because she was turning 24 and she loves the show 24! We took her to Barranco, the arts district of Peru to eat at a cool restaurant, stayed in a hotel, got massages (that was an experience in Peru - one that neither one of us will be repeating), went shopping at the market, watched 24, and just had a great time. Thank to my mom and Amy Pierce for helping us have that fun experience. Then we also got to make a single girl missionary rap. If you want to watch it, you can check out this link:http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10100332508931470   If you want to watch it here is the link:  It was so much fun. I love how God plans everything out perfectly and brought my dear "sister" Raechel to visit me at just the perfect time. Below are some pictures of our time together.







Like normal the pictures won't post! Gotta love Peruvian internet! I will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment