Thursday, June 9, 2011

Open House

Lately our house has seemed like a revolving door. Peruvians are constantly coming and going and I love it! Last week we had two Peruvians from out of town spend the night. Nicchola and John are constantly coming over. The land lady’s family had been coming over every so often and two other friends came by as well last week. I love having a house where we can be a place where Peruvians can come over and live life with us. I moved to Peru only 2 weeks after finishing with college, after that we lived in the orphanage, so up until 2 months ago I have never had my own place to invite people over to or for people to drop in. I am finding more and more it is very common for Peruvian culture for people to drop in, but I really actually enjoy it! I am also learning to cook for these Peruvians…well not too much. I just learned how to cook rice the other day and how to fry an egg. I have been wrestling a lot with how to disciple people, but lately I have been learning that a lot of discipleship has to do with living life with people. God has truly blessed us and given us a place to live where we really can have people live life with us. Who knows one day soon God might call us to have some Peruvian missionaries live with us and join us in the work! We don’t know all the things that God has in store for this place he has put us right now, but we are willing and excited about living daily life with Peruvians. So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment