Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mili and her toilet paper

Just wanted to write about a funny conversation I had with a little girl in my neighborhood awhile back. I met a little girl, Mili, in the street who actually turns out to be my neighbor. We talked about various things, and I talked with her about Jesus. We ended up going to the same little corner store. She was trying to buy "soft toilet paper," but she did not have enough money. I was able to give her the 20 cents that she lacked so that she could buy her "soft toilet paper." On our way back from the store, I asked her what she was going to do after she got back home, and she promptly told me "take this toilet paper to my brother in the bathroom." I don't know why this story is so funny to me, but it totally cracked me up. It also shows the culture of Peruvians we live near. They live normally on just exactly what they need for that day or week because their isn't financial means to live any other way. Okay, just wanted to share a story that brought joy to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment