Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friends love at all times






American Christian friends in Peru! Wow, as I type that it almost seems like an oxy moron, but it is not! God has provided us a few really good friends that I am SO GRATEFUL for. For at least more than half of the year last year we did not know any American Christians. Now we have found out that there really is life and people outside of Ventanilla. I have made 3 really close friends that have really blessed my life more than they will ever know. I just wanted to share some of the fun times that we have had lately together. There names are Shaun and Amanda Wissman and Mark Clancy. They are all missionaries here in Peru as well and live about and hour and a half away. We all came to Peru about the same time. We are all on this new journey of being missionaries in a foreign country together. They are such a huge encouragement to me. Some of the highlights of things we have gotten to do together since we have been back in Peru from our time in the states have been

1. WE WENT TO CHILIS! My gracious mom, paid for all of us to go to Chilis one afternoon. It was so much fun to just get to talk in English, talk about Peruvian politics and who we thought was going to win, joke, and eat some amazing food!

2. Coffee talk with Amanda and Shaun! We went and sat down one day and just talked about the ministry God has laid on our hearts. Shaun really helped us work through some things that we were going through. It was a very refreshing time.

3. Hangout time after Bible study. After a time of disciplship with a peruvian teammate, Nancy, Mark, and I just hung out and laughed a ton about all kinds of stuff. We also studied together some passages in the Bible that really encouraged Nancy and I. We also ate a lot of American junk food! It was so fun and really good enouragement for the soul.

We have also gotten to do various other things such as go to Shaun and Amanda´s church one Sunday which I already wrote about, go to several of Mark´s Bible studies, and are just able to talk together by picking up the Peruvian cell phone and not having to use skype to call another country.

As I am writing this, I realize this blog post does not make too much sense,but I really wrote it for me to remember the great times I have gotten to have with friends here in Peru that are on the same journey and have the same heart as I do. To find friends like this is not an everyday thing, and I never want to take for granted the blessing God has given me by giving me these 3 people in my life in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment