Saturday, May 21, 2011

120 smiles that have captured my heart







About a month ago, we had the opportunity to teach 4 Bible studies in the Community with the four youngest houses. Nancy taught the little girls and, and I taught the little boys. I had taught the majority of these boys the year before in school, and it was such a blessing to get to see each and everyone of them again. We came for the specific purpose of teaching the Easter story. We had not been able to do anything with them on Easter weekend, so we went the week after. When I walked onto the porch of Pukllay ninos, I was overwhelmed with love from these preciuos sweet 3 to 6 year old boys. The best part of the day for me was hearing them all sing Christian songs that they had learned last year with me in religion class. It touched my heart so much, that even preschoolers had learned about Jesus last year. We had a beautiful time of singing, then went in and watched a cartoon movie of the passion week, and then I explained the gospel, and gave out refreshements. It was such a preciuos time. I then got to do the same exact thing with Cesar Vallejo house, the 6 to 9 year old boys. We were waiting for someone to bring us a dvd player so we just sang and sang over and over again the songs we had learned from the year before. It was such a blessing once again to my ears. Then it even blessed me more when the kids could explain to me that we only receive salvation by faith in Jesus Christ not by anything we can do, but only by faith and repentance in Him as our Savior and Lord. About 10 boys from that house decided to give their lives to Jesus last year, and it was so neat watching the fruit of that several months later. God has done an amazing work in the live´s of the children in the Community, and I can´t wait to see what he will continue to do! Our God is mighty to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment