Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Peruvian Boda (wedding)


The landlady downstairs was the godmother for a wedding and her granddaughter Luana was the flower girl, and she wanted Nicchola and I to attend it since our family members could not come to it. I told her that I would not be able to be a part of the wedding because I had a prior commitment but that I would meet her at the reception. I have come to the realization that there are some things that I will never figure out about Peruvian culture. One of those is there wedding receptions. First of all they mainly have night weddings and then the reception does not start until like 11 pm. The people stay there all night including the bride and the groom. It seems so weird to me. All they do is do these huge long introductions that are super boring and then they just get drunk and dance. It is so unappealing to me. So what did we do? We just sat there and listened to long boring speeches, talked to the only 3 people we knew the landlady, her sister, and Luana. We ate some free food that they served and then finally left at like 1:30 am. I will think twice before I agree to go to another Peruvian wedding reception.


No comments:

Post a Comment