Friday, August 16, 2013

My aunt came to Peru and my mom too!!!


My mom called me about 2 weeks before they actually came to Peru and said, "what would you think about Angie (my aunt) and me coming in 2 weeks?" I didn't know if it was actually going to go through or not, but sure enough they bought tickets and were there 2 weeks later. It was such a blessing. My aunt has never gotten to come to Peru yet, and she was able to see and experience what I have been telling her about over the years. I will let the pictures explain the week!



When people come from the states it is always like Christmas. My mom brought one of my old scrapbooks I had made; it was hilarious and super dorky. 
Angela loves wolf t-shirts!


My mom came bringing yarn for our friends that knit.
Gifts for Nicchola
We went to visit the beautiful beach in Chancay before going to Huaral on Wednesday

First time eating Pollo a la Brasa (very famous Peruvian plate)
Buying stuff from the women who are a part of the art ministry
Making palm leaves for Jesus enters Jerusalem story in Huaral


Nicchola was the donkey. 


Playing the memory verse game. 

Fun times with mom!
My mom brought big gum balls for the kids. They loved it!


On our day off we went to the mall. We played extreme giant Foosball. It was so much fun!  
Crepes

We met several people who played with us in the mall, and we got to tell them about Jesus!
Having fun in the local neighborhood store. 
Nertz
Going to visit the local market
Moto Taxi Ride
Calle 10



Playing cranium
Big market adventure



Buying jewelry from sweet Marta
Neighborhood Bible study

Discipleship
Fun in Mira Flores






It was a great week! We were able to pack in so many fun things, we were also able to do somethings that are not pictured here, like take "my sons" out for a fun night, go visit Rosemary (a friend who was sick with cancer), and more. It was so great to show my aunt around for the first time and see her reaction to life in Peru! She is very adventurous! Of course it is always great to have my mom come again! I will never ever get tired of her coming to visit me. Can't wait until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment