Monday, September 3, 2012

USA in the month of May

I had the opportunity to go on a short furlough for the month of May! God is so good and knew exactly that I would need that in that specific time. God is so sovereign and so in control. He knew that I would need encouragement way before I did. At the time I had been alone for 5 months without an American teammate, and it was just perfect timing to get to go and be encouraged by Christian friends and family members. It was so good to see so many people and churches who support me by praying for me, encouraging me, and financially give so that I can stay here. I am so blessed. I got to eat at Chick-fil-a a whole lot, eat mexican food, get awesome sonic drinks, eat thai food, chicken tenders, BJs, and every other awesome restaurant that Peru doesn't have! I got to spend my 24th Birthday in the US. It was such a blessing to get to be with friends and family for the first time in 3 years on my birthday. I got to play NERTZ! I was able to see all of my extended family, go on a family vacation, and spend a lot of time with my friends. It was a beautiful time. The Lord so blessed me by giving this time. I don't have any pics to post because about 2 weeks after I got back, my computer was stolen...BUT...that is okay...just another Peruvian story to tell. I do have one pic to post. When I got back to my house, all of my Peruvian friends had thrown me a Peruvian surprise birthday party! It was such a blessing to my heart. That is the first time I had ever had a surprise birthday party. I felt so loved by the Peruvian people. My whole living room was decorated with such cute balloon art, there was food on the table, and a delicious cake, and almost all of my Peruvian friends were here! It was amazing! Just another thing God did to show me that I belong here and that I am loved by people here. God is oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment