Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Body of Christ

Stateside blog – Body of Christ

I think I saw the body of Christ function at it´s finest when I was home in the states. It was incredible to see what God did through His people. My first day home was great, I was picked up at the airport with a sign, got to see my parents, and got to see good friends that day and night and eat steak. Then shortly following the first few days, the biggest snow storm I have ever seen happened. We had a like a foot of snow in Texas. It was beautiful! Therefore, I was snowed in for 4 days. I wanted to go to places in the states, but I couldn´t....therefore I made a video about Peru. It turned out to be a huge blessing! One of my dear friends helped me make this video as well, and I ended up using it for all of my speaking engagements at church. Then the next week, my parents so kindly took me and my best friend to Disney World. It was a dream vacation. It was so cool because I got to spend great quality time with my two wonderful parents and my best friend. Plus, I got to see all kinds of awesome things, ride all kinds of amazing rides, take pictures with all kinds of disney characters, and wait in line for nothing because we went in the middle of February. It was such a blessing. Thanks mom and Dad! After that week, the craziness began! God, just opened up doors for me to be able to share what he has been doing all over the state of Texas. I had the opportunity to speak at several amazing churches. The people I met at these churches blessed my life in so many ways. I was able to speak at Southmont Baptist Church (my home church), FBC Clifton Women´s missions meeting, Meadowbrook Baptist Church in Waco, FBC Meridian, FBC Purves, Four Corners Church, First Baptist Church Mansfield, and Dallas Baptist University. Each of these opportunities God just opened the door so wide and used so many people to help me get connected with those places. It was so cool to finally get to share with people in the states what had been going on in Peru and for more people to start praying about what is going on here and get excited about Peru too. I met some amazing people at each and everyone of these churches that are passionate about the work of the Lord. It was a huge encouragement. I also had the opportunity to take a family road trip. I spent about 4 days going to get to see each side of my parent´s family. I got to see ALL of my cousins, grandparents, and Aunts and Uncles. It was such a blessing. We got some great quality time, ate great food, and of course played card games! I also got to visit my dear friend in Kentucy and see what her life is like in Kentucky and got to visit my aunt and uncle in Arkansas. They have just moved up there, to work with family life ministry. It was so neat getting to tour where they work everyday! Family Life is such a legit ministry! Check it out! Anyway, between all my layovers with southwest, between seeing Kelly in Kentucy- Indiana, and my relatives in Arkansas. I went to 6 different states in 3 days. Anyways, I was able to get many productive things done in the states. I went to the dermatologist and found out I am allergic to nickel which in like everything. So, as soon as I learned what had been causing my skin problem was my belt buckle my skin quickly got so much better. Thanks to everyone that had been praying for me. I got my tooth implant surgery finally finished, and just got a lot of miscellaneous stuff done that I had needed to get done before coming back! I want to thank all of my dear friends and family members who encouraged me, played nertz with me, supported me, loved me, and just hung out with me during the time in the states. One of my last and greatest memories, was the week of leaving to come back to Peru which was actually just last week, I had to write 6 curriculums, make all of these verse games, etc. It was like 100s of hours worth of work and I barely had any time to do it. I had been so busy with speaking engagements that I had not actually had the time to do what I needed to do for Peru. Anyway, so many people came together at the end and helped me get EVERYTHING done. I had a work day at Southmont and many people came for hours just to do factory type work. I had people all over translating things for me, working on verse games, cutting things, etc. Then the night before I was going to leave, I probably still had 40 hours of work left! At the last minute literally my mom and I decided to call together some of our very mission minded loving friends to the house, and I am telling you it was a miracle to see what happened. Hours upon hours of work was finished in like 4 hours because so many people came to help and worked so hard. I ended up staying up all night but literally finished everything that I needed to do besides leaving the house a mess and my room a mess for my parents to clean up. They are used to me doing that though! Hopefully my Peruvian wreck will just remind them a little bit of me each day! Haha. So anyway, it was a great and productive time in the States. God did an amazing work, so I will give Him all the GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment